If you’re a homeowner, you may be devoting time to the outside of your home, preparing before the first frost hits. There’s a lot to consider for those of you with an outdoor patio, just take a peek at tips like these that can help keep everything ready and waiting for the warmer weather.
- Clean and store your patio furniture. Give your furniture a good cleaning so it’s not sitting in grime for the next 6 months and make sure it dries completely before storing.
- Store garden tools, accessories and bring your potted plants inside.
- Clean your grill. Who wants to start the bar-b-que season off with last summers left over chicken? Add lifetime to your purchase and
- Add cover. If your patio is lacking a covered space that will allow you to enjoy your outdoor space year round, now is a perfect time. With options that offer both enclosed or lattice style, it not only will add value to your home, but can offer a low maintenance, durable and custom designed space.
- Remove stains and debris from your space. It’s the daunting task that no one likes to do, but investing in a good cleaning substance (which will vary based on what your outdoor space is made of) and giving your space a good washing will help with stains and debris so that they don’t become ingrained. It will also allow you to inspect and repair any weak spots.
Don’t forget about your awning! Awnings give great energy savings and reduce solar heat in the warmer months so it is important to care for them. Using a soft bristled brush, mild soap and a bucket of water, start from the top and work your way down to remove any dirt, leaves, or debris. Allow your awning to dry completely before storing otherwise your just promoting mildew and mold growth.